Last modified: August 8, 2018
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (“Company” or “WEC”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.wec-cpa.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website or application operated by WEC or any third-party website or application (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from [or on] the Website.
Information You Provide to WEC and How WEC Collects It
WEC collects several types of information from and about users of WEC’s Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, or ANY OTHER INFORMATION THE WEBSITE COLLECTS THAT IS DEFINED AS PERSONAL OR PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION UNDER AN APPLICABLE LAW/any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
WEC collects this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site as described below.
- From third-party web analytic services.
Data Collected Automatically
When you visit our website, third-party website analytics services may automatically collect store and use technical information about your equipment and interaction with our website.
Third-Party website analytics services may collect the following information:
How many users visit our site
- Pages accessed
- Visitor IP addresses
- Visitor geographic region
- Visitor device type
- Visitor search query that landed them on our site
This information is collected to learn how to best tailor the site to our visitors and to create statistical reports about the information collected.
This information is collected through various means such as “cookies,” “web beacons” and IP addresses. We do not use any of this information to directly identify visitors and we do not share it with third-parties.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of WEC’s Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
WEC does not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Links to Other Sites
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which WEC discloses it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of WEC’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by WEC about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us personal information to use the “Contact Us” feature of our Website, WEC will transmit the contents of that fillable form and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
WEC may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If WEC believes disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- To prevent physical harm or financial loss or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity.
Choices About How WEC Uses and Discloses Your Information
WEC strives to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. WEC has created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Third Party Collection. WEC does not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You may also send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. WEC may not accommodate a request to change information if WEC believes the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Children Under the Age of 13
WEC’s Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. WEC does not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If WEC learns WEC has collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, WEC will delete that information. If you believe WEC might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact our marketing department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WEC has implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions are encrypted.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where WEC has given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. WEC asks you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although WEC does our best to protect your personal information, WEC cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. WEC is not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
WALL, EINHORN & CHERNITZER, P.C.
150 West Main Street, Suite 1200
Norfolk, VA 23510 | www.wec-cpa.com