SUMMARY OF EXPERIENCE
John joined the firm in 2009 and specializes in attestation and compliance engagements with a concentrated focus on not-for-profits and real estate projects (including VHDA and HUD).
He is experienced with audits conducted in accordance with
Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, Government Auditing Standards, Uniform Guidance (single audit), and the Consolidated Guide to Audits of HUD-Assisted Programs, issued by the Office of Inspector General, U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. John works with not-for-profits in the fields of education, health and welfare, cultural and arts, member organizations, tourist attractions, and foundations. He is also involved in the review of the Return of Organization Exempt from Income Tax (Form 990) and consults with clients on various projects.
Old Dominion University
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting
- Master of Science in Accounting
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Beta Alpha Psi
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants Educational Foundation, board of directors
- United Way of South Hampton Roads Young Philanthropists
- Virginia Business “Super CPA”