Summary of Experience
Joanna joined the firm in 1999 and has more than 25 years of accounting experience, including six years with an international accounting firm. She provides assurance and advisory services to companies in the manufacturing, distribution, retail, and franchise industries.
Joanna serves as the leader of the accounting and auditing department, as well as the industry-specific service teams for manufacturing and wholesale distribution, retail, and franchise. Joanna also has extensive experience with budgeting and forecasting, financial modeling, litigation support services, and due diligence investigation of target and post-acquisition integration services.
Wake Forest University
- Bachelor of Science in accounting
- Certified Public Accountant; Virginia, North Carolina
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Tidewater Chapter of the Virginia Society of Certified Public Accountants
- North Carolina Association of Certified Public Accountants
- Virginia Manufacturer’s Association
- United Way Women United - board member, events planning committee, membership committee
- Moyock Woman’s Club - president
- Fulton Bank - Hampton Roads advisory board
- CIVIC Leadership Institute - class of 2018
- LEAD Hampton Roads - class of 2011
- Currituck Kids, Inc.
- YWCA South Hampton Roads "Women of Distinction" honoree
- Inside Business "Women in Business" honoree
- United Way of South Hampton Roads "10 for 10 Women" honoree
- Virginia Business "Super CPA", multi-year honoree
- Inside Business "Top 40 Under 40" honoree