For Immediate Release
April 30, 2014
Norfolk, VA (April 2014): Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC) will celebrate its 25th anniversary in business this year in a unique way.
Rather than just throw a party for its employees and clients, it will donate money and time and in one case, kids clothes, to 25 local non-profits. The “25 for 25” campaign begins May 6th with a luncheon at the company’s Norfolk office to explain how each charity will benefit during WEC’s silver anniversary.
The signature event will be donations of jeans for needy school age children. It plays off a favorite Friday ritual at WEC, in which employees of the public accounting firm pay a fee to wear jeans with the money going to charity. Staff will be encouraged to buy children’s sizes and deposit them in a baby pool set up in the office, or the“Jean Pool”as it will be called. Working with the United Way, WEC will donate the jeans right before the start of school this fall to youngsters in three designated Norfolk public schools.
“We realize many families in our community can’t afford to buy their children a new well-fitting pair of jeans,” says WEC shareholder Martin Einhorn. “We want to collect as many pairs as possible so these children can start the school year with new clothes.”
WEC, which provides auditing services for a number of non-profit organizations in the area, has selected 25 groups from nominations made by its own employees. They will receive funds or volunteer assistance during 2014. They are:
- For Kids, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of the Colonial Coast
- Young Audiences of Virginia
- Hebrew Academy of Tidewater
- The Academy of Music
- United Way of South Hampton Roads
- Norfolk Collegiate School
- Children’s Hospital of The King’s Daughters
- Chrysler Museum of Art
- d’ART Center
- Virginia Society of CPA’s
- Norfolk Botanical Gardens Society Inc.
- Susan G. Komen Tidewater
- Alzheimer’s Association Southeastern Virginia Chapter
- Virginia Beach SPCA
- VOLUNTEER Hampton Roads
- Foodbank of the Virginia Peninsula
- Jr. Achievement of Greater Hampton Roads
- Chesapeake Bay Academy Educational Foundation
- American Heart Association
- Jewish Family Services of Tidewater
- Foodbank of Southeastern Virginia and the Eastern Shore
- The Up Center
- Animal Resources of Tidewater
- Catholic Charities of Eastern Virginia, Inc.
- Portsmouth Community Health Center
- Judeo-Christian Outreach Center, Inc.
- Senior Services of Southeastern Virginia
- Virginia Zoological Society