Director of Operations - e:countable
Department: Senior Management
Location: Norfolk, VA
Desired Start Date: July 22, 2019
E:countable, LLC provides outsourced bookkeeping, accounting and CFO level services to its clients. We are seeking a director of operations to join our team.
E:countable, a division of Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C., provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Send resume with cover letter and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: The director of operations is responsible for the day-to-day accounting and finance functions that the firm performs for its clients. This position reports directly to the CEO/shareholder group and manages the operations to ensure high quality, timely completion of all client work. The director of operations is responsible for the management of the firm’s personnel and is expected to interact with clients at a high level.
- Control client assignments to maintain a balanced workload for the team.
- Evaluate systems and procedures to ensure efficiency and quality control.
- Directly responsible for all human resources activities for the firm, including hiring, recruiting and outplacing activities.
- Monitor accounts receivable and cash flow. Perform the billing function monthly. Supervise follow-up collection letters and calls when appropriate.
- Responsible for the firm’s internal technology including supervision of the outsourced IT function.
- Develop relationships with clients and prospective clients.
- Responsible for client satisfaction.
- Perform controller / finance services for clients as capacity allows.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of 10 years’ Controller / VP Finance experience
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience supervising multiple direct reports
- Bachelor’s degree
- MS Office (Excel, Outlook, Word) proficiency
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong leadership, mentoring and management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to interpret the numbers, not just report them
- Drive to promote a dynamic collaborative team environment
- Master’s degree in business administration or CMA a plus
- Prior private industry and professional services firm experience a plus
Benefits Include: Four (4) weeks paid time off, $200 annual wellness reimbursement, 401(k) profit sharing plan with firm match, six (6) paid holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, voluntary short-term disability, long-term disability, paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave.