Department: A & A
Location: Norfolk, VA
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC), a local accounting firm in downtown Norfolk known for its forward-thinking workplace culture, is seeking audit senior or supervisor talent to join their team. WEC has a strong history of promoting within – all 9 current shareholders were either founding shareholders or promoted to shareholder after demonstrated success at WEC.
The firm is a proud recipient of numerous prestigious awards including Virginia Business’ “Best Places to Work in Virginia," Accounting Today's “Best Accounting Firms to Work For,” Inside Business' “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads” and CoVa BIZ's “Best Places to Work.”
Watch this video to see what makes WEC a “Best Place to Work” and check out our Instagram account to see what the day-to-day culture is like at WEC.
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits Include: 5 weeks paid time off, $200 annual wellness reimbursement, continuing professional education and tuition assistance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, seven paid holidays and two floating holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave.
Other Perks Include: Flexible scheduling and option to telecommute as needed, “dress for your day” dress code, 36 hour summer work weeks, complimentary in-office massages during busy season, formal mentoring program, 24 hours paid time for community service in addition to regularly scheduled community service events open to whole firm, electronic sit-to-stand desks, regular firm socials and team-building activities, paid parking space, and much more!
Send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: Works with A&A managers and partners in planning, implementing and controlling engagements to ensure quality of work on a timely basis.
- As part of the audit team, is responsible for providing efficient, effective and profitable services in a timely and professional manner and promote the firm in the business and social community
- Demonstrates ability to plan, implement and control engagements to insure quality work on a timely basis
- Responsible for maximizing personal charge time and charge time for those supervised and maximizing efficient use of the firm's resources
- Responsible for complying with budget guidelines
- Must maintain and enhance client relations, selling additional services and promoting the firm whenever possible
- Communicates with others about activities and developments in areas of responsibility
- Responsible for engagement product quality, thoroughness and accuracy by preparing all deliverables and preparing other reporting documents as identified (i.e., debt covenant letters, AUC-260 letters, management advice suggestions, etc.
- Responsible for researching and proposing solutions for engagement issues identified
- Demonstrates understanding of GAAS and GAAP issues in the industry.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 4+ years relevant work experience required
- Current CPA license required
- Previous audit experience in public accounting firm required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to contribute to a dynamic collaborative team environment