Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. (WEC), a local accounting firm known for its forward-thinking workplace culture, is seeking audit manager talent to join their team. WEC has a strong history of promoting within – all 9 current shareholders were either founding shareholders or promoted to shareholder after demonstrated success at WEC.
The firm is a proud recipient of numerous prestigious awards including Virginia Business’ “Best Places to Work in Virginia," Accounting Today's “Best Accounting Firms to Work For,” Inside Business' “Best Places to Work in Hampton Roads” and CoVa BIZ's “Best Places to Work.”
Watch this video to see what makes WEC a “Best Place to Work” and check out our Instagram account to see what the day-to-day culture is like at WEC.
Wall, Einhorn & Chernitzer, P.C. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Benefits Include: 5 weeks paid time off, $200 annual wellness reimbursement, continuing professional education and tuition assistance, 401(k) profit sharing plan, seven paid holidays and two floating holidays, medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability, paid parental leave and paid bereavement leave.
Other Perks Include: Flexible scheduling and option to telecommute as needed, “dress for your day” dress code, 36 hour summer work weeks, complimentary in-office massages during busy season, formal mentoring program, 24 hours paid time for community service in addition to regularly scheduled community service events open to whole firm, electronic sit-to-stand desks, regular firm socials and team-building activities, paid parking space, and much more!
Send resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Summary: Works with audit partners with focus on audit compliance, business consulting, and oversight of complex projects.
- As part of the audit team, is responsible for providing efficient, effective and profitable services in a timely and professional manner and promote the Firm in the business and social community.
- Must demonstrate functional expertise with a focus on audit compliance, business consulting, and oversight of complex projects.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise, train, motivate and evaluate staff training of staff.
- Responsible for maximizing personal charge time and charge time for those supervised.
- Responsible for maximizing efficient use of Firm's resources
- Demonstrates ability to plan, implement and control engagements to insure quality work on a timely basis.
- Responsible for preparing initial billing decisions.
- Responsible for complying with budget guidelines.
- Must maintain and enhance client relations, selling additional services and promoting the Firm whenever possible.
- Obtains new clients whenever opportunities arise.
- Communicates with others about activities and developments in areas of responsibility
- Ensures effective planning is performed within a specified time prior to the beginning of fieldwork.
- Applies economic and general business knowledge to complex issues, such as evaluating the adequacy of management's plans when a going concern uncertainty exists; assisting a client in developing and evaluating alternatives.
- Ensures proposed solutions meet client needs with the requirements of GAAS and GAAP and Firm policies.
- Responsible for engagement product quality, thoroughness and accuracy by identifying how new effective pronouncements will impact client base, presenting financial statements to audit committees (or similar), presenting business advice to client personnel, communicating changes identified by Firm personnel on client drafted documents to the client.
- Responsible for ensuring quality client service for assigned clients. Communicates engagement deliverables and results to clients in a clear, accurate and professional manner. Establishes engagement expectations and needs. Focuses team efforts on relevant technical issues. Consults with others as appropriate to resolve difficult issues. Holds self and others accountable for achieving results. Meets or exceeds client deadlines. Delegates effectively and monitors progress of team members. Involves specialists where appropriate to maximize efficiency.
- Communicates issues and changes to engagement plan to team as appropriate and encourages open discussion among team members. Prepare and deliver effective presentations.
- Demonstrates an in-depth understanding of at least one specialized industry; reviews materials related to specialization. Is sought out for guidance and information by others and demonstrates a broad knowledge of GAAS and GAAP and Firm policies.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years relevant work experience required
- Current CPA license required
- Previous audit experience in public accounting firm required
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Drive to contribute to a dynamic collaborative team environment